Prosper roundup gets switched around! Easy to read categories are going to be our new way of organizing the roundup.
Categories may change from week to week, but overall the feel of the roundup will be the same.
• SFGate posts an article this last Sunday on how right now it’s a hard time to get new credit. Article discusses housing loans in depth and briefly touches business and personal.
• Commercial Loans Source lists types of commercial loans and provides a succinct overview for beginners.
• Business Week says subprime mortgages–good luck getting one!
• The Consumerist blogs 12 confessions of a home mortgage collector is an article containing insider knowledge of the system and could help you out.
• TheState.com writes this article, student loan availability squeezed, which explains how the nationwide credit crunch is affecting higher education.
• Continuing this point of view is Guampdn.com in student loan options shrinking and offers some excellent advice for those worried about paying this semester’s tuition.
• Check out 25 tips, ideas, resources for paying back student loans at Broke College Grad is a consolidated collection of blog articles for paying student loans in a variety of ways.
Small Business Entrepreneur:
• Tips for small business startup by Wealth, Success, and Women is a nice little starter post. What tips would you add?
• These 7 lies that prevent Your Great Idea from becoming a Real Business by Internet Redux might sound like commonsense, but in reality more people than you know believe in them and never try.
• Money Crashers writes a scathing review in Richard Branson Makes It Easier To Borrow Money From Your Family. What are your thoughts on loaning money to friends and family?
Prosper Gets Mentioned:
• The Wall Street Journal Small Business Site lists Prosper in Four Sources of Alternative Funds
• At the Active Rain real estate blog Prosper Marketplace is written as an example of alternative funding a down payment for a mortgage extension.
• At Site Point in 5 ways to fund your web startup for online business funding.
• NBC Action News aired a segment on Peer-to-Peer Lending
• KGBT4 features Prosper in their Show Me the Money Segment: Personal Loans
• Barron’s article feature Web Lenders See Opportunity in Bank’s Woes
• More Prime Borrowers at Prosper Site in American banker (subscription required)
Photo Credits: 1
RateLadder is a Prosper lender and has been since July, 2006. He has a passion for p2p lending. He owns RateLadder — My Prosper.com Journey and other P2P Lending Adventures, P2P No Bank the P2P Blog Aggregate, and ProProsper — Professional Tools for Prosper Lenders featuring SQL access to Prosper data.