Welcome to a new edition of the Prosper roundup. There are many stories this week to relate. The first section of this roundup is on the stock exchange and the banking industry. If you have had your head in the sand use these links as a way to dive headfirst into what’s going on in the economy. Also, before you get to the weekend reading links we would like to remind our Pennsylvania readers about this important notice.
Stocks and the Banking Industry:
- Forbes looks at the late-session turn around stocks surge on report of entity for bad debt.
- Wall Street Journal takes a look at the market in stocks soar; banks lead the way.
- Learn how U.S. stocks rally on hopes for a fix from Fed by Market Watch.
- New York Times posts this article on money market funds enter a world of risk. The first part of the article is in relation to the Primary Fund with the disappearance of the Lehman Brothers and Merrill Lynch.
- Business Week also writes on the fluctuating market in stocks soar on regulatory hopes.
- The Atlantic.com takes a look at pay day loans in just say no to usury laws.
- Internet-3 asks can you get a collateral loan with bad credit?
Home and Auto Loans:
- Used Auto Financing blogs how to get pre-qualified for an online auto financing loan.
- Market Watch takes a look into how to get a U.S. mortgage without a U.S. credit record.
Small Business Entrepreneur:
- Business About Business writes three ways on how to finance new business equipment.
- Looking for business loan alternatives? Check out this article from the Loan Reference.
- Improving You World offers a few ways on how to get funding for a home business. How did you fund your business?
- Gaebler.com writes tribute for America’s Small Business Development Centers in entrepreneurs: starting and growing a business.
- What are the 6 traits of top leaders? Women Entrepreneur answers in this article.
Prosper Gets Mentioned:
- RateLadder expresses opinion on the PA Lender announcement: Pennsylvania Citizens Are Children in Need of Supervision.
- Mortgage News Daily looks at peer-to-peer lending as a prototype for the future of mortgage lending.
- Personal loans by KGBT4 News looks at peer-to-peer lending as a way to save money on interest.
- WJACTV News looks at online lenders as a way to get cash fast.
- First Coast News looks at Prosper in peer to peer lending.
- Web lenders see opportunity in banks’ woes by Barron’s Electronic Investor is about other ways to get loans.
Photo Credits: 1
RateLadder is a Prosper lender and has been since July, 2006. He has a passion for p2p lending. He owns RateLadder — My Prosper.com Journey and other P2P Lending Adventures, P2P No Bank the P2P Blog Aggregate, and ProProsper — Professional Tools for Prosper Lenders featuring SQL access to Prosper data.