Welcome to this latest edition of Prosper’s Weekly Roundup. The title for this week’s roundup comes from a Forbes headline. There’s a lot going on in the news! Be sure to check out the Stocks and Banking Industry section for more information.
• TNL.net presents fast pace look into the History of Currency. P2P Lending is thought to be the ‘uncurrency’ for the lack of a better word.
• Sredel.com muses on P2P Lending – Counter to the Sub-Prime Loan Crisis?
• Peer to Peer Lending and P2P Loans writes Peer to Peer Campaign Finance.
Stocks and the Banking Industry:
• Wealth Weekly writes Financial Markets- Just What Went Down Last Week.
• Forbes on Bottom-Feeding Billionaires.
• Seeking Alpha discusses EarthLink options in Making the Best of a Difficult Situation.
• Fix My Personal Finances blogs Chicken Little and the Money Market.
• Yahoo Finance on Largest U.S. bank failure ever.
• Smart Money writes about the bailout in One Baby Step at a Time.
• New York Times with Bailout Talks to Resume After Impasse.
• Freedom Rocks talks about Federal Student Loans.
• FiLife says Have a Student Loan Question? We Have Answers!
• There are Many Different Kinds Of Student Loans! School Work ugh! goes into a few of them.
• Student Loan Online presents Student Loans Terminology.
• Blogging Stocks interviews Thomas O’Keefe owner of Bizak in so what are startups worth now?
Taxes and Politics:
• The Wall Street Journal gives a break down on how our taxes will fare under Obama, McCain.
• The Tax Lady Blog provides the Latest from the Candidates on 10 Important Economic Issues.
Prosper Gets Mentioned:
• Regina Lewis talks about P2P lending in Got Cash?
• Banktastics posts a video with a brief write up of market and p2p lending at The Burst – Discrimination & Wall Street (Ep. 34).
• Komo News in Two Quick Ways to Get Hard Cash.
• Small Biz Bee writes So You Need Some Money?
Photo Credit: 1
RateLadder is a Prosper lender and has been since July, 2006. He has a passion for p2p lending. He owns RateLadder — My Prosper.com Journey and other P2P Lending Adventures, P2P No Bank the P2P Blog Aggregate, and ProProsper — Professional Tools for Prosper Lenders featuring SQL access to Prosper data.