There’s no need to pay full retail price for the things you need (or even want). Look on eBay and see if it’s currently listed. If it is not, or if current bidding is more than you want to spend, let eBay notify you when it’s available again.
To do this, you’ll want to create a “saved search”:
1. Search for what you’re looking for
- Locate the search box at the top of any eBay page. Enter two or three words that describe what you’re looking for and click the Search button.
- To quickly narrow your search results, use the Refine search section on the left side of your search results. Your saved search includes both your search words and any search options you select.
2. Click the “Save this search” link at the top of your search results. From here you can:
- Name the search (for example: “Decorations for 4th of July party”)
- Request email notification of new items that match this search. eBay will send you one email a day, containing up to 20 matching items.
3. Click “Save”
That’s it! Let eBay do the looking for you, and hopefully you’ll get want you want without having to pay “regular” prices for it.