Today, we are excited to provide our lenders with a new API service that includes a comprehensive set of tools designed to help lenders meet their investment expectations. With more than 550 data points, including access to raw listing data, lenders can now build the tools they need to customize their Prosper experience, including enhanced data sets for analysis and reporting, along with the ability to bid through their own system.
The new API was developed in partnership with some of Prosper’s most active lenders, who have provided valuable feedback that has helped shape the features and tools available in the new API. Over the past month, these lenders have tested the API and worked closely with us to help improve its functionality so that we can provide the best experience possible for our lenders.
“The improvements to the new API are a game changer for Prosper and for lenders who are looking to build custom tools for managing their investments on the platform,” says Michael from Nickel Steamroller. “We are especially excited about the expanded data points as well as the speedier performance, which lets us build robust tools in less time.”
Key improvements and benefits to lenders through the new API include:
- Expanded access to credit profile data points. The new API offers more than 475 credit bureau variables and more than 550 data points total.
- Easy access to Notes, with a more comprehensive break down of principal, interest and other fees.
- Details down to the individual Note level, including specifics about payments and reason for default.
- Improved filtering and querying that make it easier to use specific criteria to search for Notes. For example, only C rated Notes less than $10,000.
- For lenders that want to build their own tools, they now have access to the data through a RESTful interface.
- The RESTful interface of the API supports OData filter query operations.
- Unique login credentials for API users restricted to reviewing and investing funds only. This means no access to bank information or account settings so you can keep your API tools separate from your Prosper account.
The new API is the latest in a series of recent enhancements for our lenders as we work to provide the best possible peer-to-peer lending experience. Most recently, we unveiled new protections for our lenders, and in December, we released new data enhancements, which included expanding investor data access as well as the underwriting information preview. Keep an eye out for future enhancements to our lender services coming soon.
If you are a lender on the Prosper platform, and are interested in learning more about the new API and obtaining access for your lender account, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We always welcome your comments and feedback below as well.