Hello and good morning to all our readers. Welcome to another edition of the Prosper Roundup. We have lots in store for you today, including a large section for our small business entrepreneurs and for those looking to create their own start-up during this economic situation. Drop us a line when you’re through to tell us what worked for you!
• Business Network blogs tips peer to peer lending to have a bigger impact on financial services than file sharing has had on the music industry.
Stock Market and Banking Industry:
• What a tumultuous year – Market Watch says don’t panic and batten down the hatches.
• Wall Street Journal writes Wachovia talks snag over assets.
• Forbes focuses on some of the fastest-growing industries.
• Would split of Wachovia really work, asks the American Banker? (subscription)
• Economy stalling your small business? Shift gears with these 4 tips from NYT.
• Kiplinger presents the Small Business Survival Guide.
• Business Week writes Starting a Business in a Downturn.
• Start your own ‘hot’ business says Hattiesburg American.
• Calgary Sun declares business success bolstered by planning.
• Check out the good and bad of unsecured business loans by Global Finance.
• There are three things you must have to have a chance at building a successful business says California Construction Loans.
• Los Angeles Times presents looking for loans in new places.
Prosper Gets Mentioned:
• CNN Money Special Report: America’s Money Crisis – Cash crunch: small businesses get creative
• Prosper.com in New York Times Small Biz Special Section – Likes Taking Risks, Profitable Returns
• New Age Borrowing: Peer to Peer Loans
• Prosper on US News & World Report Blog – Credit Crunch? Your Move, Peer Lending
Photo Credit: 1
RateLadder is a Prosper lender and has been since July, 2006. He has a passion for p2p lending. He owns RateLadder — My Prosper.com Journey and other P2P Lending Adventures, P2P No Bank the P2P Blog Aggregate, and ProProsper — Professional Tools for Prosper Lenders featuring SQL access to Prosper data.